Skip to main content

State of Illinois High School Diploma (GED®/HISET®) FAQ

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I enroll in GED/HiSET preparatory classes?


Sign-up for classes using our online form 

Visit the front desk in Building K at 410 Renner Drive in Elgin. The front desk is open Monday through Friday. Note that the college closes on Fridays during the summer. Bring a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, or government-issued ID). If you are 16 or 17, bring a letter of separation from the high school in your district. Bring your DHS medical card or LINK card if you receive public assistance. The next step is a free placement test. After completing testing, you will sign up for an upcoming orientation. Orientation is where you will learn important information about our program and how to register for classes; it is a requirement for all students.


Adult Basic Education Center

Building K, Room K100
Fax: 847-931-3919